Study Abroad in China
The Higher Education Policy Commission, through its Consortium for Internationalizing Higher Education,will offer a statewide study abroad trip to China from July 1 to 29, 2014. The program is led by West Virginia State University in coordination with Marshall University and hosted by Tsinghua University in Beijing, one of the top universities in China.
The total cost of the four-week program is $1650 (w/o airfare) which covers:
- Two-week Chinese culture and language training at Tsinghua University
- Two-week service learning program in one of the 30 selected rural areas in China with 150 Tsinghua students, 30 Tsinghua professors, and 70 American students and professors
- Visits to major cultural and historical sites in Beijing and Xi’an, including the Great Wall, Imperial Palace in Beijing and the Terracotta Warriors in Xi’an.
- Three hours of credit through West Virginia State University transferrable to your institution
- International Studies course taught by a West Virginia professor
- Pre-departure and on-site support, orientations, and assistance
- Room and board at Tsinghua University, Beijing
- Local transportation and all tickets to the cultural sightseeing sites
- Visa fee and services
- International Student’s ID card (ISIC) which includes basic travel accident and sickness insurance.
- And more…
The fee does NOT include international airfare, which is estimated between $1,500 and $2,000.
View a video about the program at: http://youtu.be/bb1ITcLxDGg
Contact Clark Egnor at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and registration.